Got two pretty big packages this thursday and friday. The first package including motor, controller, twist throttle and contactor arrived thursday, from the good old US of A. The package really didn’t take too long to arrive (thanks to DHL that handled everything just fine).
And here’s the pics of the motor and the controller. The motor especially is quite a beast. Should have plenty of power for my needs. And the controller is perfect match for the motor. Should also be a very robust device, and easy to program with USB connection to PC (the fun part).
The batteries also arrived friday, ordered separately from the Czech Republic. The cells felt smaller than I had imagined, even if I already knew their exact size. Interesting to see how I will arrange them inside the bike frame. Shouldn’t be a huge problem, considering these are pretty decent sized cells. They will be fitted inside the custom welded battery boxes, made to fit inside the frame and installed (hopefully) on the original motor mounts.
Today I also went to see this pretty nice Honda CB650C, but unfortunately I decided not to buy this one, as it’s front forks had been modified (into a lot longer ones) and this specimen, due to these modifications, had spent a bit too large chunk of the available percentage our laws allow to modify the bike, spending them into something I don’t intend to change that much. Considering that the conversion will eat quite a lot of the available percentage, I don’t want to waste any unnecessarily. (So no cigar today either, even if it was close.)
Next I might go and take a look at a bit more expensive, but much better shaped 1982 CB750 model. We’ll see…