Yesterday I reached a major milestone. With the help of my sister’s husband, we changed the rear sprocket, cleaned up the rear wheel hub and installed the new chain. And before that I had finally finished up the wiring and gotten the motor running. I brought the batteries besides the bike so that we could test the motor spinning the wheel. Now the bike is pretty much ready for road once I can get the batteries mounted up!
As some extra good news, I contacted another welding company and they should be able to do the aluminum battery cases during the next week. I think I’ll chill out before that and concentrate on my family for the time being. Finishing touches can wait until I get the cases.